100% heat-free styling

The bun - my new 'go-to' style? Hey all! In my last post I talked about going completely cold turkey on my heat tools . I wa...

The bun - my new 'go-to' style?
Hey all!

In my last post I talked about going completely cold turkey on my heat tools. I washed and deep conditioned my hair as normal, air dried and skipped the straighteners. When my hair was dry, I prepared it for bed by moisturising and pin-curling as usual. I was eager to see how my hair would turn out as I usually pin-curl after flat ironing my hair.

So the next morning I whipped off my scarf and excitedly undid my pin-curls one by one. And as I unrolled each curl I realised how matted and shrunken my roots were, and how stiff my hair felt. After separating each curl, I ended up with hair sticking up in all directions and a jungle of matted undergrowth. This was not the look I was going for.

Pin-curls on flat ironed hair - yay!
Pin-curls on air-dried hair - nay.
I immediately reached for my bottle of amazingness (yes, it's a secret! It's an old product, a new purchase and I'll be reviewing it soon). This product slayed my hard new growth, softened my strands and provided maximum moisture in six sprays.

With the help of my new product, I brushed my curls out and pulled my hair back into a simple, sleek bun. It's been years since I wore my hair in a bun outside of the house as I always wear my hair out. However, I'm already starting to like it!

After returning home and taking down my hair, I was surprised at how moisturised my ends had stayed. Could the bun be my new go-to style? Could this heatless style be the key to me achieving APL hair? 

What heat-free styles have you been wearing and what's your go-to style?

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Buns are definitely my go to because it is such an easy and effortless protective style. Hmmm you've got me wondering about your mystery moisturizer. Is it S Curl? I can't help but wonder. Many have sworn but this product. I gotta know. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOH girl, you gotta wait and see ;) The post will be up soon. Thanks for your comments by the way, I appreciate the support.

    ReplyDelete