Curlformer Review: How to get Heatless Curls

I have a new love in my life. They're called Curlformers. They're just flimsy, springy coils of plastic but they know how to m...

Curlformer results
I have a new love in my life. They're called Curlformers.

They're just flimsy, springy coils of plastic but they know how to make the loveliest ringlets, giving consistent results every time!

To be frank, I'm sick of bunning. I'm sick of talking about bunning and I'm pretty sure you're sick of reading about it. I want to have some fun with my hair now, and what better way than to try out some cute heatless styles?

Pincurling was good for a while, but it never gave me the definition I was looking for, and while it always gave me curls or waves, the style was never consistent.

With these magic Curlformers, the cute little ringlet style has a consistent, reliable result each time.


How to use Curlformers

Instead of using Curlformers on dry hair, I find working on soaking wet hair gives the smoothest, shiniest and most defined results. After co-washing, I apply my leave-in and defining product, and apply each Curlformer one by one. If my hair starts to dry, I simply spray the section with water. Application is really easy once you get the hang of it, but since the included instructions are whack, here's a bunch of Curlformer tutorials on Youtube.

The Curlformers kit comes with 40 spirals in a box, which is just about perfect for my shorter hair length. Once I've applied them all, I leave my hair to air dry or use a blowdryer to speed up the process. If you value hair over sleep, you could even try sleeping in them overnight. In fact, that's exactly what I did last night as I wanted my curls to be fresh for the morning. 

They're a great option for transitioners who are looking to blend their two textures. I've got about three inches of new growth myself and once styled, the textures blend pretty well.

Once I remove the Curlformers, I begin to fluff out the style using oil on my hands so my hair doesn't frizz. Fluff to your heart's content! 
Clockwise: With Curlformers in, before fluffing and after fluffing
I'm still learning and experimenting with these, what products to use and the different ways to style the outcome, but I'm pretty sure these little plastic pieces will be long-term pals of mine. 

Have you tried Curlformers?

What was your experience?

Follow my blog with Bloglovin'

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I think you did a fantastic job with with the curlformers. The curls look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your curls look so sleek and shiny! I'm totally a curlformer girl too! I wish that I'd bought them before my big chop--they would have really helped blend all the textures in my hair!

    KLP @ www.savingourstrands.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey KLP thanks so much :D These are definitely great for transitioning/blending textures. I just with they were more comfortable to sleep in lol

      Delete